Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know this Tuesday.
1. Facebook has a backup plan if it falls out with Google. The company has developed a way to deliver updates without going through the Google Play Store, in the event that Google tried to kick it off Android.
2. Tesla rival Faraday Future has revealed its vision for the future of cars. It showed off its first concept car at CES in Las Vegas on Monday.
3. The guy who invented the hashtag is joining Uber to build the “future.” Chris Messina, an ex-Googler, is the ride-hailing company’s new Developer Experience Lead.
4. Consumers are bored with today’s tech and nervous about tomorrow’s. That’s according to massive survey of 28,000 people in 28 countries by Accenture.
5. Hackers apparently caused a power outage that affected hundreds of thousands of homes. The incident took place in Ukraine in December 2015, Ars Technica reports.
6. Nvidia’s new car-mounted supercomputer is as powerful as 150 MacBook Pros. The Nvidia Drive PX 2 is, the company says, the “world’s first in-car AI supercomputer for self-driving cars.”
7. Mark Zuckerberg wants to run 365 miles this year. The Facebook founder has set himself the physical challenge alongside his goal to build an AI butler in 2016.
8. Google paid board member Diane Greene $149 million (£101 million) to buy her company — and she’s donating it all to charity. Bebop was bought in an acqui-hire deal for $380 million (£258 million).
9. A teen posing as an adult threw a wild party and trashed an Airbnb rental on New Year’s Eve. “Sofas were outside. The TV was in my bathroom. Objects…photos, memorabilia….I have pictures of my nieces that are on my fridge that were completely on the floor, trampled on and torn, with shoe prints all over…their cute, little faces,” said the owner.
10. Samsung’s next flagship smartphone will reportedly feature a microSD slot, water resistance, and larger batteries. That’s according to veteran leaker Evan Blass at VentureBeat.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.