Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know midweek.
1. Mark Zuckerberg’s personal goal for 2017 is to meet people in every US state. The Facebook CEO is known for making bold new year resolutions.
2. Trump’s strained relationship with Silicon Valley was ranked one of the biggest risks of 2017. It could cause real issues for tech companies, and the global economy.
3. Tesla missed its deliveries target for 2016. It delivered 76,230, versus its goal of 80-90,000.
4. Big smartphones were the big winners this holiday season. Phablets are continuing to grow in popularity.
5. Amazon is putting its Alexa virtual assistant inside TVs. It is partnering with a Chinese electronics company to create 4K TVs with Alexa built in.
6. There are rumours that Google might be interested in buying SoundCloud for $500 million (£407 million). That’s according to a report from Music Business Worldwide.
7. Faraday Future’s production car appeared to malfunction during its big debut. The electric vehicle was shown off on stage in Las Vegas on Tuesday.
8. ODG’s new augmented reality glasses are aimed at bringing AR to the masses. The wearables company announced the new glasses at CES, Digital Trends reports.
9. Intel is taking a 15% stake in German mapping firm Here, Reuters reports. It is part of a push into automated driving technology.
10. Amazon now has 45,000 robots in its warehouses. That’s a 50% increase year-on-year.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.