Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know midweek.
1. Snapchat met with prospective investors in New York on Tuesday and faced tough questions. The mood in the room was “respectful but somewhat sceptical,” one investor said.
2. An Uber engineer says the company’s sexism scandal “is everyone’s problem.” Aimee Lucido said she is “most surprised at how surprised everyone else seems to be.”
3. Apple’s share price has hit another all-time high. It comes after Morgan Stanley raised its target price for the stock.
4. Ad tech company Rubicon Project’s president Greg Raifman is leaving, along with 6 other top execs. It is part of a broader restructuring first announced in November.
5. Someone stole Nintendo’s new games console two weeks before it launches. Footage of a Nintendo Switch in the wild recently appeared online.
6. New leaked photos appear to reveal more details about Samsung’s Galaxy S8. It looks like it will have an almost edge-to-edge screen.
7. Jay Z is launching his own venture capital firm. The rapper is reportedly teaming up with Roc Nation president Jay Brown.
8. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says Bill Gates’ original mission “always bothered me.” The company set out to put “a computer on every desk and in every home.”
9. The iPhone 8 could have a next-generation selfie camera. It’s rumoured to be able to sense 3D space and work with facial recognition tech.
10. Microsoft has launched a Skype Lite Android app for India and other emerging markets. TechCrunch reports that it is optimised for low internet connections.