Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know today.
1. Netflix stock has surged to a new all-time high. Shares were up 8%, continuing the rise that followed the company’s Q2 earnings.
2. Apple is no longer the biggest smartphone seller in China. Xiaomi and Huawei sell more phones, and have forced Apple into third place.
3. It looks like Apple is planning to launch a new iMac with a 4K screen. Code within the OS X El Capitan beta software hints that the devices are on the way.
4. San Francisco mayor Ed Lee’s name appears in new filings about bribery and money laundering schemes. Mayor Lee has a close relationship with tech companies.
5. Popcorn Time, the service that works like Netflix for pirated movies, could take over your computer. The site doesn’t use a secure connection, and hackers can take advantage of that.
6. Apple stock keeps falling. There’s no obvious reason why the company’s shares ended the day down over 2%.
7. Taylor Swift has hit out at Spotify in a new interview with Vanity Fair magazine. She accuses the company of having “no cash flow.”
8. Apple’s music deals with labels allow it to create more online-only radio stations. It can create up to five more stations.
9. Netflix has announced “unlimited” maternity and paternity leave. The company already has unlimited time off.
10. Hackers are exploiting a new weakness in Mac computers, and they can’t be stopped. The flaw can be used to push adverts to users.