Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. Sexual harassment scandals are still rocking the tech industry. Just last week, the CEO of HR startup BetterWorks resigned over accusations of sexual assault.
2. An unhelpful Larry Page threw Uber’s lawyers lots of shade during his deposition. He was questioned at length for a lawsuit over alleged theft of trade secrets on July 17.
3. The HBO hackers have stolen “thousands” of internal documents. They reportedly have seven times as much data as was stolen in the Sony attack.
4. Mark Zuckerberg is has hired a Democratic pollster. Amid speculation about his political intentions, he has hired Joel Benenson.
5. Coinbase is getting hammered for rejecting Bitcoin Cash, an offshoot of Bitcoin. Many customers feel betrayed by the company.
6. We’ve got our first look at the mysterious $US1,200 phone (£900) from RED. The company makes cameras for blockbuster films.
7. Tesla reported a smaller loss than expected in its quarterly results. It says Model 3 production is on track to hit targets.
8. Facebook is changing its news feed to favour websites that load faster. It says the move is in response to frustrations over slow-loading websites.
9. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8’s supposed final specs have been leaked. It looks pretty similar to Galaxy S8.
10. Fitbit’s stock spiked after it announced losing less money than expected. Its share price jumped more than 7%.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.