Good morning! It’s a sunny start to April Fools’ Day in London. Here’s all the (real) tech news you need to know today.
1. Craft marketplace Etsy will launch its IPO roadshow today. Its valuation is in the $US1.55 – $US1.78 billion range.
2. Amazon launched a new product called Amazon Dash. It’s a button that you can press to order items when you run out.
3. Publisher HarperCollins could withdraw its books from Amazon. The contract between the two companies is going to run out “very soon.”
4. The New York Times is going to publish one-sentence stories for the Apple Watch. It also appears to involve the use of emoji.
5. Facebook is launching a new feature called Scrapbook that lets you keep photos of your child in one place. It uses a special tag to collect photos together.
6. The US government is investigating Apple over alleged patent infringement. The Cupertino company is in a court battle with Ericsson over wireless patents.
7. Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has launched a smart power strip, smart scales, and a new smart TV. It has previously released smart plugs and webcams.
8. There’s something weird going on at ad-tech startup RadiumOne. We’ve been getting some strange calls and emails.
9. Indian e-commerce company Flipkart is raising $US600 million in new funding. Its valuation is reportedly higher than $US2 billion.
10. British online fashion retailer Net-A-Porter will merge with Italian rival Yoox. Net-A-Porter’s executive chairman Natalie Massenet will lead the newly formed company.