Good morning! Here’s what you need to know before your first meeting of the day:
1. Apple stock will split 7 for one today. It will start trading at somewhere under $US100 by the looks of things. It closed last week at $US645.57.
2. Here are the latest rumours on what we’ll see in Apple’s iPhone 6. No NFC, but there will be inductive charging, a payment system around Touch ID, faster LTE speeds, and (of course) a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screen.
3. In iOS 8, the notifications center is going to become much more important. It will be used for two-way interactive messaging.
5. A computer has passed the Turing test for the first time: A program named “Eugene Goostman” convinced a third of human judges into thinking it was a 13-year-old boy, becoming the first machine to pass the Turing test, Hannah Furness of The Telegraph reports.
6. Google is reportedly looking to buy Songza for $US15 million. Google needs help with music streaming curation.
7. This is the guy who invented Comic Sans. Microsoft employee.
9. There is a malware trojan that locks Android phones and demands payment. It encrypts photos, videos, and documents stored on a device and demands a ransom for them to be restored.
10. Full video of Travis Kalanick’s interview at the Code Conference. He delivered on that record-breaking fundraising promise.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.