Photo: Justin Sullivan / Getty Images
Good morning! Here’s the news:
- Yahoo’s CEO Scott Thompson sent an e-mail to employees urging them to ignore his ongoing resume scandal and stick to business as usual.
- Unfortunately, it looks like many of Yahoo’s employees don’t like the way Thompson and the company have handled the crisis so far.
- While all of this is going on, Yahoo is once again trying to sell off its stake in Alibaba for billions.
- Facebook made another important acquisition Friday, buying the social discovery app Glancee for an undisclosed sum.
- Mark Zuckerberg chatted with Warren Buffet for hours about taking Facebook public.
- LG will release the new Google TV in late May, Reuters reports.
- Apple is rumoured to be coming out with a $799 MacBook Pro later this year. The goal is to compete against the growing Ultrabook market.
- Samsung just suffered a big setback in its patent battle with Apple, The Verge reports.
- Sprint’s CEO took a $3.25 million pay cut to address shareholder concerns about the high costs of the iPhone.
- In case you’ve been wondering, here are all the weird, secret projects that Sergey Brin has been working on.
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.