1. Yahoo gets into the ad game by running sponsored ads on other publisher’s websites. Yahoo now runs content recommendations on sites including TV Guide and CBS Interactive’s GameSpot.
3. Shell is ramping up its social media advertising, buying ads on apps including Swarm, Foursquare, and Twitter. Adweek reports the gasoline company hopes to increase brand awareness and its public image among millennials.
4. Ray Kingman, CEO of Semcasting, discusses canvas fingerprinting, one of the latest ad tech privacy concerns that has actually been around since 2012. Canvas fingerprinting is an online tracking device that can track a user indefinitely.
7. Brands are spending big for an ad spot during Monday night’s Primetime Emmy Awards. According to The Wall Street Journal, Audi tops the list at $US3.98 million, followed by Target at $US3.48 million and Samsung at $US2.99 million.
8. Amazon wants to expand its advertising by launching its own ad placement platform called Amazon Sponsored Links. The platform would launch later this year and would look to compete with Google AdWords.
9. App use on mobile is growing at a faster rate than web use on mobile, 52% versus 17%, but Digiday argues publishers should not focus too much on creating new apps. Instead, publishers should focus on placing ads in apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.