2. ConAgra Foods is using household data to better target it customers. The company is blending this data with costumer data gathered from in store purchases.
4. UGG targeted teens on their iPod touch devices with the help of photo editing app Aviary, which ran custom in app ads. UGG pushed for a more mobile and online advertising strategy after finding 56% of parents with teens bought their kids a mobile phone.
6. CEO of AdFin Andrew Altersohn hopes to make the ad buying and selling more transparent, especially when working with agency trading desks. Altersohn says if trading desks agree to share data with AdFin the company will be able to share that information with advertisers or publishers to help them see what’s working and what’s not.
8. A new movie trailer for the film “Men, Women & Children” attempts to draw some people to the mobile app Whisper. According to Mashable, this is the first form of advertising Whisper has used to get teen audiences to use the app.
10. Mindshare, a WPP agency, has altered its internship program to place a greater focus on learning about data and real-time marketing. The company says it is hoping to prepare the next generation of “Maths Men.”
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.