1. Google will run a real time banner ad on the top of The New York Times website to advertise the rebranding of the company’s mobile app. The banner ad will show questions, typed by Google’s creative team, relating to top stories from the newspaper’s site, all in real time.
3. EA Sports is testing out a new Google advertising platform that allows users to create an animated GIF of something that just happened on the field and insert their own custom message. This feature can now be used to serve ads in real-time on sports-related websites.
5. eXelate plans to enter into the data-as-a-service business, launching B2BX to fill the gap left from LinkedIn’s acquisition of Bizo. LinkedIn said it planned to shut down Bizo’s data business, providing an opportunity for eXelate to create its own business service.
8. Virool, a video ad distribution platform, hired Brian Danzis to the position of chief revenue officer. Danzis joins Virool from Videology.
9. A new study from the IAB reveals close to 1 in 5 big fashion brands do not have a mobile-optimised website. Some of the brands include American Apparel, DKNY, and Reebok.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.