“The Media Guy,” Ad Age’s Simon Dumenco, contributes his latest thoughts on native advertising following John Oliver’s segment a few weeks back. Dumenco largely agrees with Oliver but also argues the only message brands ultimately convey is “buy this.”
2. Rocket Fuel announced it is expanding to Australia, opening up an office in Sydney, Australia. The company says the expansion will address a growing demand for programmatic advertising solutions in the region.
3. Undertone appointed Greg Glenday to chief revenue officer. Glenday comes from Clear Channel Communications where he served as President of the company’s Connections division.
5. Triton Digital rolled out the Triton Advertising Platform, the company’s answer to a supply side platform. The platform will work with broadcast and digital radio stations to find available ad inventory and tailor it to specific regions.
6. Publicis Groupe acquired Nurun, a design and tech consulting agency, for $US114 million. Publicis CEO Maurice Levy says Nurun is another step forward for the company as it looks to strengthen its digital offerings.
7. Meredith Corporation, home to magazines such as Better Homes and Gardens and More, gets into the TV business after launching free, ad-supported TV programming available through connected Samsung, Roku, and other devices.
9. Horizon Media will now buy a good chunk of Turner Broadcasting’s media. Horizon will buy for all of Turner Broadcasting’s networks, except for truTV.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.