1. Apple released a new set of guidelines for any app that runs through the App Store and serves ads. All apps must use Advertising Identifiers, which uses a device’s unique ID to target ads to that user.
2. Publicis Groupe may be looking to buy Criteo, an ad retargeting company. Criteo’s stock shot up 20% after reports that the French holding agency was interested in buying Criteo.
4. Many ad tech companies don’t actually sell technology; rather, they sell ad space online. According to the Wall Street Journal, ad tech companies are looking to sell more of the technology to clients, as software as a service.
6. Adweek argues Apple’s new iPhone 6 will be the perfect mobile device for advertisers. Apple is expected to release two new iPhone models this year, with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screen sizes.
8. Media Post looks at why brands should use content marketing to increase awareness and boost sales. Apparently, 82% of marketers using this strategy see increased ROI.
10. French advertising company Havas reported its second quarter earnings on Friday and noted its 5.7% “organic growth.” The company’s CEO also noted that Havas is mainly buying ads programmatically now.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.