But using Twitter more in Apple products could help, especially as the messaging/microblogging service picks up more steam.
Here’s 10 ideas for how Apple could work Twitter into its products:
- Twitter support in iChat, Apple’s messaging app.
- Using Twitter for RSS-like feeds, such as featured iTunes songs, movies, TV shows, movie trailers, iPhone apps, etc.
- Tweet new photos (and someday, videos) from iPhone, auto-uploaded to MobileMe, TwitPic, YouTube, etc.
- Tweet new photos from iPhoto on Mac, auto-tagging your Twitter contacts.
- Twitter contacts in phonebook on Mac and iPhone.
- Baking Twitter sign-in into iPhone and iPod touch so all apps can access it via one API for things like tweeting game milestones, high scores, etc.
- Read tweets on Apple TV while you’re watching a video. (Sort of like Yahoo’s new Twitter widget on some TVs.)
- Twitter search built into Safari as an option.
- Tweet the song you’re listening to in iTunes or on your iPhone, with link to iTunes download.
- Suggested iTunes playlists/purchases based on most-tweeted songs.
We’re sure you have some good suggestions. Let us know in comments or via email at [email protected]
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.