Photo: Mykl Roventine via Flickr
We’ve covered a lot of research at Barking Up The Wrong Tree over the past two years. Here are some of the highlights.
- Get on a plane. Travel, moving and exposure to other cultures improve creativity.
- Don’t surround yourself with the colour red, stick to blue.
- Get rejected.
- Buy a potted plant.
- Pretend you’re solving problems for someone else. Or pretend you’re a child.
- Learn another language.
- Think about love, not sex.
- Hopeful employees are more creative, as are overconfident CEO’s. But being creative won’t get you the CEO job.
- Take a break and stop being so hard on yourself.
- Smile. Or frown while happy. But either way, be happy.
Read more posts on Barking Up The Wrong Tree »
NOW WATCH: Ideas videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.