Hi! Here’s what you need to know for Monday.
2. Syrian Kurdish refugees continue to flood the Turkish border, bringing the total the number of Kurds seeking a safe haven to more than 150,000. “The Kurds fear a massacre, especially after recent Islamic State attacks on Kurdish civilians in Iraq,” The New York Times writes.
4. President Obama said in a CBS interview on Sunday that U.S. intelligence agencies “underestimated Islamic State activity inside Syria,” according to Reuters.
5. European Union regulators will publish details of an investigation involving Apple’s tax arrangements with the Irish government, and whether the firm made illegal deals.
6. Investors withdrew around $US10 billion after Bill Gross left PIMCO, the Wall Street Journal reports.
8. An eruption on Mount Ontake in Japan is believed to have killed 31 people after the volcano erupted on Saturday without warning.
10. Smuggled iPhone 6’s aren’t selling as well in mainland China as expected, The New York Times reports.
And finally …