Hello! The ASX close up 1% today. Here’s what people are chatting about.
2. The conflict in Syria has sent 130,000 refugees across the border into Turkey in just the last few days.
3. Business leaders and politicians will convene at a one-day Summit at UN headquarters in New York City on Tuesday to bring attention to climate change ahead of a 2015 agreement.
5. A whistleblower who helped uncover an ongoing fraud received over $US30 million as a reward, the largest payout ever from the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
6. Tesco, Britain’s biggest supermarket chain, suspended four senior executives after the company revealed a $US408 million overstatement in first-half profits.
7. Israeli forces said that two Palestinians suspected of killing three Israeli teenagers in June were shot dead, according to the Guardian, although Palestinian officials have not confirmed the deaths.
Pink Floyd has announced its first new album in two decades. It’s called The Endless River.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.