Good morning! Here’s what you need to know on Friday.
1. Donald Trump, the Republican US presidential front-runner, is apparently “honored” that Russian President Vladimir Putin considers the real-estate magnate a “flamboyant” and “very talented” man.
2. Apple announced on Thursday that Jeff Williams had been promoted to chief operating officer. Williams previously oversaw the company’s supply chain, the same job Apple CEO Tim Cook used to do under Steve Jobs.
3. JPMorgan is “aggressively” investing in the next generation of technology like blockchain and robotics and its investment drive in these areas is part of its “major priorities” in 2016, according to an internal memo seen by Business Insider.
6. The number of people forcibly displaced worldwide is likely to have “far surpassed” a record 60 million this year, mainly driven by the Syrian war and other protracted conflicts, the United Nations said on Friday.
8. Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush’s campaign has looked into whether it is possible to withdraw a pledge to support the eventual nominee if it is Donald Trump, a sign of the deep enmity between the two.