It’s Friday! Here’s what people will be talking about.
1. NATO is holding an emergency meeting on Friday over the crisis in eastern Ukraine, estimating that more 1,000 Russian soldiers have invaded the region.
2. Russian president Vladamir Putin praised the success of pro-Russian separatists fighting in Ukraine, while asking for the release of trapped Ukrainian forces.
3. The White House is taking heat after President Barack Obama said in a press briefing that the administration does not have a strategy yet for dealing with ISIS.
4. The World Health Organisation said the Ebola virus could infect more than 20,000 people before the outbreak is controlled.
5. Three million Syrians have been forced to flee their homes in what the UN says
has “become the biggest humanitarian emergency of our era.”
8. Malaysia airlines said its slashing 30% of its workforce, or 6,000 jobs, in a drastic cost-cutting measure.
10. For the second time this week, a plane was diverted due to an argument over reclining seats between two passengers.
California surfers are rushing to take advantage of humongous waves generated by a hurricane in the Pacific.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.