Hello! Here’s what you need to know for Monday.
1. Indonesian officials said on Monday that search and rescue planes had spotted objects in the sea within the area where an AirAsia jet carrying 162 people went missing on Sunday.
2. The Greek Parliament will hold its third and final vote to elect a president on Monday, while failure to do could trigger snap elections.
3. The Croatian presidential election will head for runoff on Jan. 11 after Sunday’s vote produced no outright winner.
4. More than 200 people are still trapped on a burning ferry that caught fire on Sunday as the boat was travelling from Greece to its home port in Italy.
6. South Korea said on Monday that it might resume talks with North Korea amid allegations that the country is responsible for the hack on Sony Pictures.
8. “The Interview” pulled in an impressive $US18 million in its opening weekend after Sony Pictures decided to release the film online.
9. Germany’s Central Bank President, Jens Weidmann, told a newspaper on Sunday that growth in Europe’s biggest economy could be better than expected next year.
And finally …
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.