- Consumer Reports has compiled a list of the 10 least reliable cars of 2020 based off of a survey that took into account 17 “trouble areas” including brakes issues and transmission repairs past warranty.
- The list includes three Chevrolets and the Tesla Model X.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Consumer Reports has compiled a list of the 10 least reliable cars of 2020.
The data for the list was compiled via its Auto Questionnaire survey that is sent to Consumer Reports members. The survey asks people to mention any problems their cars have had over the past year that fall under Consumer Report’s 17 trouble areas, which includes issues with the electrical and drive systems. It also takes into account transmission repairs past warranty and issues with any body hardware, such as glass defects.
The severity of each issue is then weighed, and a reliability score is created for each vehicle. Consumer Reports then compiled the data into a list of the least reliable cars of the 2020 model year, which includes three Chevrolets and a Tesla.
CR has data on 420,000 cars from its members in its most recent survey, from model years 2000 to 2020, according to the organisation.
Take a look at the results of the survey:
10. 2020 Chevrolet Traverse — Reliability Score: 18
The first Chevy on the list has an MSRP of $US29,800.
9. 2020 Chrysler Pacifica — Reliability Score: 16
The Pacifica has an MSRP of $US33,745.
8. 2020 Tesla Model X — Reliability Score: 15
Tesla’s Model X currently has an MSRP of $US84,990.
7. 2020 Acura MDX — Reliability Score: 15
The 2020 MDX starts at $US44,400.
6. 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan — Reliability Score: 15
The Tiguan has an MSRP of $US24,945.
5. 2020 Volkswagen Atlas — Reliability Score: 13
Volkswagen’s 2020 Atlas has an MSRP of $US31,545.
4. 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia — Reliability Score: 13
The luxury car has an MSRP of $US39,345.
3. 2020 Jeep Wrangler — Reliability Score: 12
Jeep’s iconic Wrangler starts at $US28,295.
2. 2020 Chevrolet Camaro — Reliability Score: 5
The Camaro starts at$US25,000.
1. 2020 Chevrolet Colorado — Reliability Score: 4
The Colorado has an MSRP of $US21,300.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.