After Green Mountain Coffee slashed its yearly sales estimates on lower demand from the first quarter of 2012 yesterday, shares of the coffee seller tanked in after-market trading. Now, less than an hour before the market open, shares are still down over 40%.
We know that Whitney Tilson and David Einhorn, who’ve made public that they’ve been shorting the company, are probably really happy right now.
But here are the 10 hedge funds that hold the most shares of Green Mountain (according to recent regulatory filings), who could be starting today off on a very sour note.
Note that the share holdings are from the latest 13F regulatory filings compiled by Bloomberg from the end of 2011 and may not necessarily reflect current holdings or short positions.
- Lone Pine Capital: ~2.78 million shares
- Coatue Management: ~2.06 million shares
- Discovery Capital: ~1.71 million shares
- Tremblant Capital: ~1.6 million shares
- Tiger Consumer Management: ~1.29 million shares
- Brookside Capital: 921,000 shares
- Alydar Partners: 781,500 shares
- Frontier Capital: 576,470 shares
- Buckingham Capital: 291,532 shares
- Steadfast Capital: 255,174 shares