The Web can be an incredible tool for finding the answers to tough questions in a matter of seconds — including questions about finance. From saving money, to investing, to earning more income, people search and find great information from the plethora of resources available every day.
However, the internet can also be a place for finding very strange content — and even stranger people. If you’ve ever begun typing a search into Google, for example, you may have noticed some really odd suggestions pop up to complete the query. Those suggestions, which are part of what’s known as Google’s “autocomplete” feature, are based on common searches performed by others.
So when you start typing “what is a…” and “what is a hipster” drops down as one of the suggested options, it’s because a lot of people — like you — really want to know. But there are also quite a few autocomplete options for personal finance questions, too, and not all of them seem as obvious. Below are the 10 strangest suggested searches about personal finance we came across on Google; read on for a few laughs, or to find comfort in knowing you’re not the only person who has wondered the same thing.
Top 10 Strangest Google Autocomplete Questions About Finance
1. Yes, even if you “didn’t know” it was counterfeit.
2. Now why would you want to do that?
3. Does paste taste like Pop-Tarts?
4. Seriously? Just get a job already.
5. It could be because you turn to Google for all of life’s questions.
6. A person with that much money could probably pay someone else to find out.
7. It really shouldn’t matter.
8. Please let me know if you find out.
9. Step one: Clear your internet history.
10. Let’s just say, “you get what you pay for” is an adage for a reason.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.